Monday 12 April 2010

Looking For A Way To Accelarate Your Fat Loss?

So you want to lose fat. And you want to lose it fast. Well here’s an easy and simple way to accelerate your fat loss. . .

Eat a salad every day for lunch.

I know it’s not rocket science, and you may have even heard it before, but having a salad for lunch everyday has proven effective for myself and some of my clients.

But let’s be clear about this salad…

First make your base a green leafy vegetable. My personal preference is baby leaf spinach. But your “spring mix” variety of lettuce works fine. As does romaine. As does kale if you are so inclined. I recommend you stay away from iceberg lettuce, not because it will hinder weight loss, but because there are so many better choices from a nutrient standpoint.

Next add plenty of other vegetables. My personal favorites are asparagus, tomatoes, cucumbers, grated carrot, avocado (which is also a great source of healthy fats) and red peppers. But really any raw vegetables of your liking will do. Fruit can also bring a nice taste twist to the mix. I’ll sometimes include a little pineapple, sliced apples, or sliced peaches in my salad.

To complete the salad, we now need to add a protein source. Grilled chicken is what I use most often. But lean pork, lean beef strips, hard boiled eggs, fish, or even prawns also work. You may also want to add some nuts (I like slivered almonds or walnuts) or even some raw sunflower or pumpkin seeds to your salad.

And of course you’ll want some dressing. . .

The only salad dressing I approve of is homemade balsamic vinaigrette. It’s simple to make and tastes great. Just blend 3 parts extra virgin olive oil with 1 part balsamic vinaigrette and spices of your choice. I suggest making a large batch and store at room temperature. I like using homemade balsamic vinaigrette as a marinade for chicken and steak.

Other salad dressings should be avoided in my opinion. Either they are too high in calories or full of chemical junk that you don’t want to put into your body. Stick with the homemade stuff and you always know exactly what the ingredients are.

So there you have it - simple change that will easily accelerate your fat loss!

Give it a try and let me know how you get on.

No comments: